Not currently available in 2022
Strengthens students’ skills in interprofessional practice and working in collaboration with others to enhance learning and provide coordinated, person-centred, evidence-based, and ethical healthcare. Students will engage in collaborative scenario-based activities with other disciplines to apply principles of ethics, accountability, and clinical reasoning. Principles of advanced interprofessional and collaborative practice are applied throughout this unit.
- Advanced interprofessional and collaborative practice
- Advanced values, ethics, safety and accountability for interprofessional practice
- Cultural safety, ethics and integrity in practice
- Evidence based practice in the collaborative setting
- Clinical reasoning 1 – Decision making, quality and safety, and metacognition
- Clinical reasoning 2 - Collaborative and transdisciplinary reasoning
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Integrate theory and evidence to practice in an interprofessional team environment|
|2||integrate principles of accountability and interprofessional practice to complex professional and clinical scenarios|
|3||evaluate how evidence-based practice, clinical reasoning and ethical reasoning inform person-centered care|
|4||apply collaborative reasoning to optimise person-centred care|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Integrate theory and evidence to practice in an interprofessional team environment
- integrate principles of accountability and interprofessional practice to complex professional and clinical scenarios
- evaluate how evidence-based practice, clinical reasoning and ethical reasoning inform person-centered care
- apply collaborative reasoning to optimise person-centred care
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.