Not currently available in 2023
Consolidates professional skills and practice in preparation for entry into the workforce. Building on the first clinical placement experience, students will have opportunities to integrate and apply skills in real world settings. Students will develop mentorship skills by supporting undergraduate peers with their learning. At completion, students should be able to practice with a low level of supervision as a competent entry level practitioner.
- Becoming a mentor
- Case scenarios within interprofessional practice (multidisciplinary practice)
- Third party funding schemes and compliance requirements
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||apply knowledge and skills of a practicing exercise physiologist in a placement setting|
|2||exhibit the clinical skills and communication skills of a professional graduate-level Clinical Exercise Physiologist|
|3||develop basic mentoring skills that can be used in professional practice to mentor exercise physiology students and new graduates|
|4||complete the ESSA standards and compliance module|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- apply knowledge and skills of a practicing exercise physiologist in a placement setting
- exhibit the clinical skills and communication skills of a professional graduate-level Clinical Exercise Physiologist
- develop basic mentoring skills that can be used in professional practice to mentor exercise physiology students and new graduates
- complete the ESSA standards and compliance module
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.