Develops students' literature review knowledge and skills in searching, critiquing, and synthesising research relevant to their discipline. Students will learn to navigate electronic databases, create search strategies, and organise research using reference management systems. Students will also learn to evaluate the strengths and limitations of scientific research. Finally, students will learn to establish a knowledge gap based on the available scientific evidence.
- Searching electronic databases and reference management
- Levels of evidence and research appraisal
- Types of literature reviews
- Synthesising evidence
- Establishing a knowledge gap
- Systematic reviews and meta-analyses
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||search electronic databases to find relevant sources of evidence|
|2||appraise research literature to establish evidence quality in their discipline|
|3||critically review research literature|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- search electronic databases to find relevant sources of evidence
- appraise research literature to establish evidence quality in their discipline
- critically review research literature
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.