Students will progress their independent research project and thesis on an established timeline as appropriate to their project. Students will be supervised by academic staff member(s) with expertise relevant to the topic.
Independent scholarship guided by academic supervisor(s) in the planning and execution of a theoretically grounded research project, which may include:
- Developing a research question
- Designing a research project
- Compliance with ethical approval processes and other regulatory frameworks
- Data collection and analysis
- Report and thesis writing
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||critically analyse a problem, resulting in the identification of a research question|
|2||design and plan a research project to answer a research question|
|3||work independently and progress a research project under supervision|
|4||identify and comply with any cultural issue(s), regulatory frameworks and practise professional ethics as relevant to the research question and methodology|
|5||communicate aspects of a research project verbally|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- critically analyse a problem, resulting in the identification of a research question
- design and plan a research project to answer a research question
- work independently and progress a research project under supervision
- identify and comply with any cultural issue(s), regulatory frameworks and practise professional ethics as relevant to the research question and methodology
- communicate aspects of a research project verbally
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.