Develops the skills necessary to communicate research effectively. Students will learn to write scholarly manuscripts for journal publication and about the peer-review process. Students also learn about ways they can translate their research findings in academic and practical settings. Finally, students will learn how to create profiles to promote research translation and dissemination to increase their visibility within their discipline and research community.
- Academic writing skills
- Manuscript preparation
- Peer review and constructive feedback
- Presentation skills
- Data visualisation
- Research translation and dissemination skills
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||produce effective research communication skills|
|2||demonstrate creative ways to translate research findings|
|3||establish strategies to promote and disseminate research|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- produce effective research communication skills
- demonstrate creative ways to translate research findings
- establish strategies to promote and disseminate research
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.