2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Introduces students to the field of Lifestyle Medicine, and the foundations of the discipline.
- Introduction to lifestyle medicine.
- Determinants of health and lifestyle disease.
- Nutrition and health.
- Physical activity and health.
- Sleep and health.
- Practitioner health and wellbeing.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Examine the discipline and practice of lifestyle medicine.|
|2||Examine the correlation between the determinants of health and lifestyle disease.|
|3||Critically examine nutrition, physical activity and sleep, and their relationship to health.|
|4||Identify approaches to monitor and support practitioner health and wellbeing.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Examine the discipline and practice of lifestyle medicine.
- Examine the correlation between the determinants of health and lifestyle disease.
- Critically examine nutrition, physical activity and sleep, and their relationship to health.
- Identify approaches to monitor and support practitioner health and wellbeing.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.