Introduces students to the discipline of integrative medicine and concept of integrative healthcare. The unit discusses integrative models of care and clinical reasoning within these contexts, while also developing practitioner’s skills to facilitate patient behaviour change and self-care
- Introduction and principles of integrative medicine and integrative healthcare.
- Clinical reasoning in integrative medicine.
- Models of care in integrative medicine and integrative healthcare.
- Practitioner self-care.
- Self-management and behaviour change 1
- Self-management and behaviour change 2
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||examine the discipline and practice of integrative medicine|
|2||examine clinical reasoning in integrative medicine, within the context of different models of care|
|3||analyse approaches to monitor and support practitioner health and wellbeing|
|4||critically discuss self-management theory, health behaviour change and readiness to change|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- examine the discipline and practice of integrative medicine
- examine clinical reasoning in integrative medicine, within the context of different models of care
- analyse approaches to monitor and support practitioner health and wellbeing
- critically discuss self-management theory, health behaviour change and readiness to change
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.