Analyses the determinants of metabolic disorders, and examines appropriate strategies to support the prevention and management of these conditions.
- Overview of metabolic disorders
- Biopsychosocial determinants of metabolic disorders
- Environmental determinants of metabolic disorders
- Weight management
- Integrative management of other metabolic disorders
- Integrative management of diabetes
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||critically describe metabolic disorders and their diagnostics/management criteria|
|2||analyse the biological, psychological, social and environmental determinants of metabolic disorders|
|3||critically examine the principles and predictors of weight management|
|4||apply integrative approaches to the management of diabetes and other metabolic disorders|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- critically describe metabolic disorders and their diagnostics/management criteria
- analyse the biological, psychological, social and environmental determinants of metabolic disorders
- critically examine the principles and predictors of weight management
- apply integrative approaches to the management of diabetes and other metabolic disorders
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
Readings and resources are provided for each module in this unit.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.