Develops knowledge and skill in the planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care using Lifestyle Medicine.
- Planning care in lifestyle medicine.
- Nutrition prescription.
- Exercise prescription.
- Lifestyle prescription and de-prescription.
- Collaboration and referral.
- Reflective practice and evaluation.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Describe the process of planning care within the context of lifestyle medicine.|
|2||Critically appraise nutrition, exercise and lifestyle prescription.|
|3||Illustrate the role of collaboration and referral in lifestyle medicine.|
|4||Integrate the use of reflection and evaluation in lifestyle medicine.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Describe the process of planning care within the context of lifestyle medicine.
- Critically appraise nutrition, exercise and lifestyle prescription.
- Illustrate the role of collaboration and referral in lifestyle medicine.
- Integrate the use of reflection and evaluation in lifestyle medicine.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.