2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Explores the psychological and environmental determinants of health, and examines appropriate strategies to manage these factors.
- Stress, Resilience and Psychological Influences on Health.
- Emotional Wellness, Screening and Management.
- Relaxation, Mindfulness and Meditation.
- Environmental influences on Health.
- Tobacco, substance use and management.
- Alcohol use, Misuse and Moderation.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Recognise the psychological influences on health, and the strategies for screening and managing emotional wellness.|
|2||Critically examine the practices of relaxation, mindfulness and meditation.|
|3||Analyse the environmental influences on health.|
|4||Analyse the implications and management of tobacco use, substance use and alcohol misuse.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Recognise the psychological influences on health, and the strategies for screening and managing emotional wellness.
- Critically examine the practices of relaxation, mindfulness and meditation.
- Analyse the environmental influences on health.
- Analyse the implications and management of tobacco use, substance use and alcohol misuse.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.