Examines the theory of self-management, and develops knowledge and skills to facilitate health behaviour change to enable people to effectively self-manage chronic disease and pain.
- Self-management theory
- Health behaviour change and readiness to change
- Health and wellness coaching
- Motivational interviewing
- Health education and literacy
- Self-management of chronic disease
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||critically discuss self-management theory, health behaviour change and readiness to change|
|2||critically reflect on the principles and practice of health and wellness coaching and motivational interviewing|
|3||implement principles and strategies for effective health education, including consideration of health literacy, digital literacy and numeracy|
|4||critically apply a self-management model to a chronic disease case|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- critically discuss self-management theory, health behaviour change and readiness to change
- critically reflect on the principles and practice of health and wellness coaching and motivational interviewing
- implement principles and strategies for effective health education, including consideration of health literacy, digital literacy and numeracy
- critically apply a self-management model to a chronic disease case
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
|Project 150 hours (Across the term)|
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.