Not currently available in 2021
Focuses on preparing for the Confirmation of Candidature (CoC) seminar and proposal which is a significant milestone in the course. It also focuses on issues such as the ethical conduct of research and preparing a manuscript suitable for publication. Upon successful Confirmation, students are then supported by their supervisors in undertaking their research.
- Researcher positioning to the topic
- Ethical perspectives to research and ethical approval processes
- Producing scholarly writing that is ready for peer review
- Development of a feasible research proposal that substantially contributes to original and new knowledge.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||identify and critically apply ethical perspectives into the adopted research methodology|
|2||articulate a sophisticated research aim to corresponding research objectives and relevant research questions|
|3||develop and present project plan for successful thesis submission|
|4||construct and present a research protocol|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- identify and critically apply ethical perspectives into the adopted research methodology
- articulate a sophisticated research aim to corresponding research objectives and relevant research questions
- develop and present project plan for successful thesis submission
- construct and present a research protocol
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.