|Brisbane - The Hotel School|
|Melbourne - The Hotel School|
|Sydney - The Hotel School|
Uses the Hotel Operations, Tactics and Strategy (HOTS) simulation program to engage students in decision-making to maximise revenue and increase yield within hospitality/tourism businesses. Students will learn and critically review key theories and approaches to revenue and yield management in order to develop skills in managing these two aspects of contemporary hotel management.
- Introduction to revenue and yield management
- HOTS simulation environment
- Strategy and business planning
- Understating financial statements
- Ratio analysis
- Hotel industry data and benchmarking
- Revenue management strategies
- Trends, challenges, and future
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Describe the foundations of revenue management|
|2||Examine the evolution of yield within hospitality and tourism businesses|
|3||Evaluate models, pricing and rate management strategies used by organisations to maximize revenue and yield|
|4||Appraise operational tools for revenue and yield management across hospitality and tourism industries|
|5||Make and communicate appropriate revenue and yield decisions with a simulated hotel environment|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Describe the foundations of revenue management
- Examine the evolution of yield within hospitality and tourism businesses
- Evaluate models, pricing and rate management strategies used by organisations to maximize revenue and yield
- Appraise operational tools for revenue and yield management across hospitality and tourism industries
- Make and communicate appropriate revenue and yield decisions with a simulated hotel environment
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.