|Brisbane - The Hotel School|
|Hayman Island - Hotel School||N/A|
|Melbourne - The Hotel School|
|Sydney - The Hotel School|
Engages students in authentic experiences of professional service and workplace practice within hospitality industries. PHE integrates academic and practical learning through students working continuously in one organisation for a 6-month period to gain 600 hours work experience.
- Orientation to the workplace
- Assess the psychological contract
- Develop professional professional learning objectives for achievement in the workplace
- Tutor workplace support and guidance
- Observe and develop practical and transferable skills and techniques
- Exposure to business practices and organisational culture of a hospitality business environment
- The workplace performance evaluation process
- Reflect on the relationship between academic studies and the hospitality business environment
- Reflection and debrief on the PHE
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||develop, adjust and achieve professional workplace goals|
|2||report and reflect on the nature of their chosen industry sector|
|3||integrate concepts and principles into authentic workplace practice|
|4||demonstrate capacity to meet workplace requirements and sustain employment within their chosen industry sector.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- develop, adjust and achieve professional workplace goals
- report and reflect on the nature of their chosen industry sector
- integrate concepts and principles into authentic workplace practice
- demonstrate capacity to meet workplace requirements and sustain employment within their chosen industry sector.
- No prescribed texts.
- No prescribed texts.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.