|Brisbane - The Hotel School|
|Hayman Island - Hotel School||N/A|
|Melbourne - The Hotel School|
|Sydney - The Hotel School|
Introduces students to the concept of hospitality 'service' management where the customer is the centre of the organisation. It develops an understanding of the links between a range of functions within the organisation to facilitate effective strategies and service management techniques for hospitality-related enterprises. In particular, this unit takes a student-centred approach and aims to develop students' teamwork skills.
The following topics are to be covered in this unit:
- Introduction to services management
- Effective group work
- Group management
- Hospitality organisations
- Analysing service concepts
- Applying service concepts
- Service quality
- Service design
- Service failure and recovery
- Service experiences
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||analyse the principles and concepts of services management and apply them to the hospitality industry|
|2||demonstrate the link between organisational resources and the role of the customer in managing and delivering a quality service product|
|3||demonstrate ability to work collaboratively within a team through the planning and implementation of a group project.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- analyse the principles and concepts of services management and apply them to the hospitality industry
- demonstrate the link between organisational resources and the role of the customer in managing and delivering a quality service product
- demonstrate ability to work collaboratively within a team through the planning and implementation of a group project.
- No prescribed texts.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.