2023 unit offering information will be available in November 2022
Introduces students to the principles and practices of managing organisations in the hospitality industry. Students focus on: traditional management functions, contemporary management challenges, and principles and practices for managing individuals and managing teams.
- The Competing Values Approach to Management
- Creating and Sustaining Commitment and Cohesion
- Establishing and Maintaining Stability and Continuity
- Improving Productivity and Increasing Profitability
- Promoting Change and Encouraging Adaptability
- Integration and The Road To Mastery
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate knowledge of modern management practices|
|2||identify, compare and contrast the theoretical foundations of management and their impact on modern management practices.|
|3||demonstrate the capability to implement a modern management practice|
|4||demonstrate the knowledge and skills to reflect upon one's own preferences for modern management practices.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of modern management practices
- identify, compare and contrast the theoretical foundations of management and their impact on modern management practices.
- demonstrate the capability to implement a modern management practice
- demonstrate the knowledge and skills to reflect upon one's own preferences for modern management practices.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.