2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Introduces students to the global hospitality industry especially in terms of both its diversity and commonality. Students focus on the key actors and processes in the provision of hospitality services and the factors that shape the ongoing development of the industry.
- Introduction to hospitality and its diverse products and services
- The appropriate business model
- The contribution and motivation of stakeholders
- Service and experience design and delivery
- Developing an efficient commercial platform
- Providing innovation and confronting disruption
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate knowledge of the products and services in hospitality;|
|2||identify, compare and contrast key hospitality enterprise;|
|3||demonstrate the capability to identify opportunities and threats in the hospitality industry;|
|4||demonstrate the knowledge and skills to reflect upon innovation and disruptive trends in hospitality.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of the products and services in hospitality;
- identify, compare and contrast key hospitality enterprise;
- demonstrate the capability to identify opportunities and threats in the hospitality industry;
- demonstrate the knowledge and skills to reflect upon innovation and disruptive trends in hospitality.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.