|Brisbane - The Hotel School|
|Melbourne - The Hotel School|
|Sydney - The Hotel School|
Introduces students to the concepts of entrepreneurship, the new venture creation process, and the entrepreneurial environment. To provide students with an understanding of the entrepreneurs and their entrepreneurial behaviour, several entrepreneurship theories and their applications will also be examined and discussed.
Topic 1: Entrepreneurship in the 21st Century
Topic 2: Assessment and commercialisation of entrepreneurial opportunities
Topic 3: Sources of capital
Topic 4: Developing a sustainable business plan
Topic 5: Legal structures and regulatory challenges for entrepreneurial ventures
Topic 6: Marketing for entrepreneurial ventures
Topic 7: Measuring performance for entrepreneurial ventures
Topic 8: Strategic entrepreneurial growth
Topic 9: Global opportunities for entrepreneurs
Topic 10: Intrapreneurship
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||describe theories of entrepreneurial supply and personality|
|2||apply concepts on innovation and creativity|
|3||compile a new venture business plan|
|4||create strategies to establish and grow a new venture|
|5||critique corporate entrepreneurship principles|
|6||discuss contemporary entrepreneurship issues.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- describe theories of entrepreneurial supply and personality
- apply concepts on innovation and creativity
- compile a new venture business plan
- create strategies to establish and grow a new venture
- critique corporate entrepreneurship principles
- discuss contemporary entrepreneurship issues.
- Frederick, H, O’Connor, A & Kuratko, DF , 2019, Entrepreneurship: Theory, Process and Practice, 5th edn, Cengage Learning, Australia. ISBN: 9780170411752.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.