2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Introduces students to the principles and practices of “action research” as an informed and structured process of enquiry, analysis, synthesis, communication and implementation within the hospitality industry. Student focus on the mechanics of identifying and solving problems and then designing and implementing solutions.
- Introduction to action research
- Determining project scope and focus
- Reviewing literature related to research problem
- Project design and planning
- Analysing data and interpreting findings
- Presenting findings and evaluation plan
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate knowledge of the "action research" process and the roles of the key stages|
|2||identify and abstract a problem and critically analyse the underlying issues|
|3||demonstrate the capability to design, propose and undertake an action research project|
|4||demonstrate the knowledge and skills to reflect upon the organisational and operational challenges in undertaking an action research project.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of the "action research" process and the roles of the key stages
- identify and abstract a problem and critically analyse the underlying issues
- demonstrate the capability to design, propose and undertake an action research project
- demonstrate the knowledge and skills to reflect upon the organisational and operational challenges in undertaking an action research project.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.