2022 unit offering information will be available in November 2021
Provides a comprehensive understanding of the multi-dimensional characteristics, influences, challenges, and obstacles facing a contemporary global hotel leader. Students will develop leadership knowledge, which includes perspectives and theories of leadership, leader behaviour, stakeholder and reputation management, power and ethics, and the role of future leaders in global hotels.
This unit contains 6 topics:
- Introduction and the context of leadership
- Leadership perspectives
- Leader behaviour
- Power, culture and ethics
- The leader and the stakeholders
- The future global hotel leader
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Identify and reflect on leadership theory and its application to the successful management of culturally-diverse hospitality organisations|
|2||Discuss authentic leadership and ethical reflection decision making processes|
|3||Examine leader behaviour within 21st century hotels|
|4||Analyse contemporary hospitality leadership challenges|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Identify and reflect on leadership theory and its application to the successful management of culturally-diverse hospitality organisations
- Discuss authentic leadership and ethical reflection decision making processes
- Examine leader behaviour within 21st century hotels
- Analyse contemporary hospitality leadership challenges
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.