|Brisbane - The Hotel School|
|Melbourne - The Hotel School|
|Sydney - The Hotel School|
Provides an understanding of the nature of the different types of events, their life cycles and a practical approach to designing, planning and organising events. Students will gain experience in creating, executing and reviewing a special event.
Topic 1: Introduction to the Dimensions of Events Management
Topic 2: The Business of Sports, Cultural, Corporate and Special Events
Topic 3: The Event Life Cycle
Topic 4: Creating and Designing Innovative Events
Topic 5: Event Planning and Project Management
Topic 6: Sustainable Events Management
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||discuss the success factors that drive different types of events|
|2||assess the principles of sustainability and ethical practice in managing events|
|3||demonstrate an understanding of the different processes involved in designing and executing a special event and successfully liaising with relevant stakeholders|
|4||review the success and / or challenges of a student-led event.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- discuss the success factors that drive different types of events
- assess the principles of sustainability and ethical practice in managing events
- demonstrate an understanding of the different processes involved in designing and executing a special event and successfully liaising with relevant stakeholders
- review the success and / or challenges of a student-led event.
- John Beech; Sebastian Kaiser and Robert Kaspar, eds., 2014, The Business of Events Management, eBook.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.