|Brisbane - The Hotel School|
|Melbourne - The Hotel School|
|Sydney - The Hotel School|
Examines strategic asset management practices within the hotel ecosystem. Students will develop multiple perspectives on the practicalities of adopting asset management principles, and engage with the tools and frameworks that may be used to create effective asset management strategies and drive asset management cultures.
This unit contains six topics:
- Introducing asset management and its evolution
- Creating asset management culture
- The hotel property as an asset: valuation and acquisition
- Assuring asset management within the hotel ecosystem
- Regulating assets
- Predictive asset management
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Critically examine the principles of strategic asset management practices within the hotel ecosystem.|
|2||Evaluate and apply hotel asset management frameworks.|
|3||Critically review the lifecycle valuations of hotel assets.|
|4||Formulate asset management practices based on the principles to maximise asset utilisation for revenue optimisation within the hotel ecosystem.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Critically examine the principles of strategic asset management practices within the hotel ecosystem.
- Evaluate and apply hotel asset management frameworks.
- Critically review the lifecycle valuations of hotel assets.
- Formulate asset management practices based on the principles to maximise asset utilisation for revenue optimisation within the hotel ecosystem.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
An overview together with readings and resources are provided for each topic / module in this unit. See MySCU for details
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.