|Brisbane - The Hotel School|
|Melbourne - The Hotel School|
|Sydney - The Hotel School|
Examines major conceptual frameworks and applications that support the identification, creation, development and retention of the contemporary hotel customer. Students examine traditional versus contemporary marketing methods, customer segmentation, and communication strategies. In addition, new approaches to market development are explored that address cultural and destination considerations.
The unit contains the following 6 topics:
- Customers, segmentation and target markets
- The contemporary traveller from a marketing standpoint
- Marketing techniques: mass media and social media
- The unique customer: direct and special events marketing
- Innovative strategies for guest attraction and retention
- Cultural considerations in market development
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Compare methods for customer segmentation in a tourism and hospitality context|
|2||Manipulate above-and- below-the-line promotion principles to the development of a hotel customer|
|3||Appraise the effectiveness of marketing strategies with prospects, customers and stakeholders|
|4||Employ culturally sensitive marketing strategies to attract and retain the hotel customer|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Compare methods for customer segmentation in a tourism and hospitality context
- Manipulate above-and- below-the-line promotion principles to the development of a hotel customer
- Appraise the effectiveness of marketing strategies with prospects, customers and stakeholders
- Employ culturally sensitive marketing strategies to attract and retain the hotel customer
- No prescribed texts.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.