2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Challenges students to reimagine the diversity of disruptive agencies, including cultural, political, social and technological structures that exist within hospitality contexts. Students will explore the changing supply and nuanced demand options across hospitality organisations and their stakeholders, including accommodation, food and beverage services, and the economics of operations.
There are 6 topics in this unit:
- Introduction and the disruptive landscape
- Sources, patterns and models of disruption
- Hospitality disruption – internal stakeholders
- Hospitality disruption – external stakeholders
- Strategic responses to disruptors within hospitality organisations
Future casting global hospitality disruption
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Critically review the impact of disruptions in the hospitality industry|
|2||Evaluate disruptive models and their impact on hospitality organisations|
|3||Identify a disruptive challenge to, and recommend an appropriate solution for, the hospitality industry|
|4||Investigate emerging disruptive trends as they apply to hospitality contexts|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Critically review the impact of disruptions in the hospitality industry
- Evaluate disruptive models and their impact on hospitality organisations
- Identify a disruptive challenge to, and recommend an appropriate solution for, the hospitality industry
- Investigate emerging disruptive trends as they apply to hospitality contexts
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.