|Brisbane - The Hotel School|
|Melbourne - The Hotel School|
|Sydney - The Hotel School|
Introduces a practical strategic management approach to developing departmental initiatives, focussing on the rooms division, including strategic positioning of rooms division, external and internal environments, making operational strategies, the rooms division leader, and using the balanced scorecard for rooms division operations
This unit contains 6 topics:
1. Introduction: rooms division and its strategic position within the hotel
2. External environment: strategy and the contemporary guest
3. Internal environment: inventory and design
4. Making strategic choice: rooms division and organisational strategies
5. Developing an action plan: the rooms division leader
6. Measuring success: a balanced scorecard approach to rooms division
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Identify and describe the key components of the strategic management process and how it can be applied to rooms division|
|2||Assess and judge external and internal environments and their impacts on rooms division leadership|
|3||Evaluate and create functional rooms division strategies|
|4||Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively within a rooms division operation|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Identify and describe the key components of the strategic management process and how it can be applied to rooms division
- Assess and judge external and internal environments and their impacts on rooms division leadership
- Evaluate and create functional rooms division strategies
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively within a rooms division operation
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
An overview together with readings and resources are provided for each topic / module in this unit. See MySCU for details
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.