2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Identify and critical review data sources relevant to the research plan outlined in Applied Hotel Research Part A. In this unit, students will analyse data and generate realistic solutions to the research problem. Students will present their final outcomes in a form suitable for both academic and industry stakeholders
Part A of the Applied Hotel Research unit provided students with the knowledge and skills to create a proposal for a ‘real time’ industry problem. Applied Hotel Research Part B now provides students with the opportunity to demonstrate their skills and knowledge in completing their chosen project.
This unit contains 6 topics
- Revisiting the research proposal
- Analysing qualitative data
- Analysing quantitative data
- Presenting findings, discussion and recommendations
- Writing up a research report
- Summary of applied research
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Identify, evaluate, and source data appropriate for the research project|
|2||Use appropriate methods to analyse the data and produce correct answers|
|3||Interpret the results in a meaningful way, draw sound conclusions, and recommend feasible solutions to address the research problem|
|4||Demonstrate knowledge of the research project|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Identify, evaluate, and source data appropriate for the research project
- Use appropriate methods to analyse the data and produce correct answers
- Interpret the results in a meaningful way, draw sound conclusions, and recommend feasible solutions to address the research problem
- Demonstrate knowledge of the research project
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.