|Papua New Guinea - IBSU Port Moresby||N/A|
Develops students' critical understanding of the theories of strategic human resource management and the application of these theories within different contexts. Students will examine the critical issues of strategic leadership, including organisational complex adaptive theories, and ethics and culture.
Module 1: Critical review of approaches to strategy
Module 2: Understanding strategic HRM
Module 3: Implementing strategic HRM
Module 4: Strategic Leadership
Module 5: Organisational complexity, culture and ethics
Module 6: Organisational and strategic HRM in the global context
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||discuss and critically review theoretical approaches to strategy|
|2||demonstrate an understanding of strategic HRM, and HRM within the global context|
|3||propose, critically evaluate and justify an ethical leadership role for HRM practitioners in the 21st century organisation|
|4||propose, critically evaluate and justify the contribution that HRM practitioners can make to organisational strategy within alternative theoretical approaches.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- discuss and critically review theoretical approaches to strategy
- demonstrate an understanding of strategic HRM, and HRM within the global context
- propose, critically evaluate and justify an ethical leadership role for HRM practitioners in the 21st century organisation
- propose, critically evaluate and justify the contribution that HRM practitioners can make to organisational strategy within alternative theoretical approaches.
- Boxall, P & Purcell, J, 2016, Strategy and Human Resource Management , 4th edn, Palgrave Macmillan, New York. ISBN: 9781137407634.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.