Enables the student to effectively conduct the management of diverse human resources, particularly in the international employment relations context. Fosters an understanding of International HRM as well as HRM practices in other countries.
Module 1: The changing context to international business
Module 2: Differing institutional and cultural contexts
Module 3: Comparative HRM Part 1: Developing people
Module 4: Comparative HRM Part 2: Rewarding people
Module 5: Expatriation trends and developments
Module 6: Integrating global HRM practices: HR practice transfer, global integration and local responsiveness, and talent management
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||analyse the changing context for international business and the implications for human resource management (HRM)|
|2||explain the institutional and cultural bases between countries in the way they manage their HRM|
|3||compare the way that different aspects of HRM practices varying across national boundaries|
|4||identify key challenges facing both people and organisations working internationally.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- analyse the changing context for international business and the implications for human resource management (HRM)
- explain the institutional and cultural bases between countries in the way they manage their HRM
- compare the way that different aspects of HRM practices varying across national boundaries
- identify key challenges facing both people and organisations working internationally.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.