Accessing Indigenous Knowledge is facilitated through building relationships between students and Country. When people respectfully fulfil their responsibilities to care for Country, Country gives back land-based, contextual knowledge. Indigenous voices from around the globe will highlight priorities and directions to applying land-based knowledge into action in our local environments.
- Indigenous knowledge as a process of relationship with Country
- Biodiversity and cultural diversity: the recognition of culture and cultural heritage within diverse environments
- Indigenous environmental and natural resource management and intellectual property rights in international and domestic law
- Rights and responsibilities within relationships with Country
- Urban land-based Indigenous Knowledge development
- International Indigenous perspectives on land-based Indigenous Knowledge
- Developing action from Indigenous Knowledge gained with Country.
N.B. Unit activities are supported by an interactive intranet site with which all students are required to engage throughout the session.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||Engage in ethical and reciprocal relationships with Country through respectful action||Lifelong learning||Cultural competence|
|2||Analyse and assess Indigenous Knowledge that is synthesised through relationship with Country||Creativity||Cultural competence|
|3||Identify and evaluate ways that land-based Indigenous Knowledge may be utilised by Indigenous peoples and others to action positive social outcomes.||Creativity||Ethical practice||Cultural competence|
- No prescribed texts.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2018 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 1
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.