Examines models for sustainable social innovation in terms of intellectual property, ethical enterprise, cultural safety and social integrity. Identifies principles for social entrepreneurship in Australian Aboriginal contexts. Engages students in co-design methods for shaping business development agendas that improve community outcomes and sustain Indigenous lifeways.
Module 1: Introduction to Innovation
Module 2: Social Innovation Principles
Module 3: Aboriginal Estate: Asset Stripping and Asset Control Strategy
Module 4: Service Delivery and Measuring Performance
Module 5: Social Enterprise Values and Risk Management
Module 6: Measuring Social Impact
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||examine the theoretical basis, practical principles and examples of social and community innovation|
|2||critically analyse Indigenous community practices from a variety of sources and propose frameworks for Aboriginal social enterprise development|
|3||appraise the significance and potential of social innovation as a continuing community resource.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- examine the theoretical basis, practical principles and examples of social and community innovation
- critically analyse Indigenous community practices from a variety of sources and propose frameworks for Aboriginal social enterprise development
- appraise the significance and potential of social innovation as a continuing community resource.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.