This Unit introduces students to advanced research and writing skills required to critically review scholarly literature relevant to their area of academic interest. It lays the foundations for independent study. Students will engage with essential elements of research, learning to analyse, critique and synthesise academic literature.
- Academic research skills
- Identification and review of literature
- Critical academic writing
- Citation and referencing techniques
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Demonstrate advanced academic research and writing skills.|
|2||Analyse, critique and synthesise relevant research literature.|
|3||Create a literature review relevant to a research topic appropriate for postgraduate study.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced academic research and writing skills.
- Analyse, critique and synthesise relevant research literature.
- Create a literature review relevant to a research topic appropriate for postgraduate study.
- Phelps, R, Fisher, K & Ellis, A, 2007, Organizing and Managing Your Research: a practical guide for postgraduates, Sage Publications, London.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.