Teaches students the tools and strategies to present data analytics insight in a clear and accessible manner to aid decision-making. Focuses heavily on practice-based learning where students repeat the cycle of practice, feedback and reflection.
Fundamentals of data visualisation
Design effective visualisation
Basic data visualisation methods
Advanced data visualisation methods
Storytelling with data visualisation
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||compare and contrast different data visualisation methods|
|2||design effective data visualisations for multiple stakeholders|
|3||develop data visualisations by applying contemporary visualisation libraries and tools|
|4||design and tell compelling stories to effectively communicate with stakeholders|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- compare and contrast different data visualisation methods
- design effective data visualisations for multiple stakeholders
- develop data visualisations by applying contemporary visualisation libraries and tools
- design and tell compelling stories to effectively communicate with stakeholders
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.