Focuses on managerial issues related to digital enterprises: benefits and opportunities as supported and enabled by internet technologies and modern information technology applications; security, legal and ethical issues; and the role of government. The unit uses a text but also relies heavily on web-based materials.
- Digital enterprise basics
- Technology foundations for digital enterprise
- Business to consumer (B2C) digital enterprise: E-tailing & Internet marketing
- Business to business (B2B) digital business and supply chain
- Other types of digital enterprise: E-government, e-learning, e-publishing, consumer to consumer (C2C) digital business, Blogs, wikis, online communities & social networks
- Mobile enterprise
- Electronic payment systems
- Planning and launching e-initiatives
- Security, ethical, societal and legal issues of digital enterprise
- Success factors, challenges, and future directions
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||explain the technologies and technology applications which enable digital enterprises for business||Intellectual rigour||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline|
|2||apply expertise in recognising and analysing digital enterprise opportunities||Intellectual rigour||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline|
|3||discuss security, ethical, societal, and legal issues relating to digital enterprises||Ethical practice||Knowledge of a discipline||Cultural competence|
|4||evaluate existing digital enterprise websites.||Intellectual rigour||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline|
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2018 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 3
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.