Not offered in 2020
Focuses on managerial issues related to digital enterprises: benefits and opportunities as supported and enabled by internet technologies and modern information technology applications; security, legal and ethical issues; and the role of government. The unit uses a text but also relies heavily on web-based materials.
- Digital enterprise basics and technology foundations for digital enterprise
- Business to consumer (B2C) (E-tailing and Internet marketing) and business to business (B2B) digital business
- Mobile enterprise, Social networks and Other types of digital enterprise
- Electronic payment systems
- Planning and launching e-initiatives
- Success factors, challenges/critical issues, and future directions.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||examine the technologies and technology applications which enable digital enterprises for business|
|2||develop and apply expertise in recognising and analysing digital enterprise opportunities|
|3||examine security, ethical, societal, political, legal and global issues relating to digital enterprises|
|4||evaluate digital enterprise websites and systems.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- examine the technologies and technology applications which enable digital enterprises for business
- develop and apply expertise in recognising and analysing digital enterprise opportunities
- examine security, ethical, societal, political, legal and global issues relating to digital enterprises
- evaluate digital enterprise websites and systems.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.