2022 unit offering information will be available in November 2021
Studies the techniques, tools and methods of systems analysis in a business environment. Aims to assist students to develop analytical skills in information requirements analysis, problem identification, feasibility assessment, data modelling, use case analysis, specifications and socio-technical issues of the systems development life-cycle.
Topic 1: Development of Information Systems
Topic 2: Approaches to Systems Development
Topic 3: Project Management
Topic 4: Risks and Feasibility
Topic 5: Investigating Requirements
Topic 6: Analysing Requirements – Use Cases
Topic 7: Analysing Requirements – Entities
Topic 8: Modelling Approaches
Topic 9: Alternatives for Implementation
Topic 10: Systems design
Topic 11: Systems Implementation and Support
Topic 12: Current Trends in System Development
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||describe the core processes involved in the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for a computer based information system|
|2||simulate the role of the systems analyst with respect to the analysis, design and implementation of computer systems|
|3||apply various techniques to the analysis of current systems and modelling of future systems|
|4||use a range of analysis and design tools and techniques|
|5||compare and contrast current trends in development of computer information systems|
|6||produce project management charts|
|7||describe quality assurance and testing procedures in software development.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- describe the core processes involved in the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for a computer based information system
- simulate the role of the systems analyst with respect to the analysis, design and implementation of computer systems
- apply various techniques to the analysis of current systems and modelling of future systems
- use a range of analysis and design tools and techniques
- compare and contrast current trends in development of computer information systems
- produce project management charts
- describe quality assurance and testing procedures in software development.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.