2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Introduces students to big data technologies. Students will gain the knowledge and skills to design and implement data analytics models using programming languages and contemporary data analytics tools to solve real-world problems and aid decision-making.
- Introduction to Big Data Analytics
- Data Pre-processing
- Data Wrangling
- Introduction to Neural Networks
- Neural Network based Data Modelling
- Big Data Analytics Case study
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||use contemporary data analytics libraries and tools|
|2||develop and apply algorithms to prepare data for analysis|
|3||analyse and apply appropriate data modelling approaches|
|4||develop business intelligence systems using data analytics tools and programming libraries|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- use contemporary data analytics libraries and tools
- develop and apply algorithms to prepare data for analysis
- analyse and apply appropriate data modelling approaches
- develop business intelligence systems using data analytics tools and programming libraries
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.