Requires students to undertake a group-based project to develop a business analytics solution. Students will have the opportunity to demonstrate and apply skills learned in their previous core units and their major area of study.
This is an Australian Computer Society (ACS) compliant capstone unit for the Bachelor of Information Technology course. There are no new theory topics introduced for this unit. Students are expected to demonstrate the skills learned throughout their degree and undertake the design, development and implementation of business analytics solution using core IT and business skills specific to their major area of study. The topics of most relevance to achieving the goals of this unit are as follows:
- Project management
- Business analysis
- Report writing
- Stakeholder liaison
- Data analytics
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||use agile project management techniques to manage a substantial business analytics project relevant to a student's course major|
|2||apply an agile methodology to the design, development and testing of a business analytics solution|
|3||effectively communicate the results of analytics and data to aid in decision making|
|4||integrate business and data analytics methodologies to achieve a working solution|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- use agile project management techniques to manage a substantial business analytics project relevant to a student's course major
- apply an agile methodology to the design, development and testing of a business analytics solution
- effectively communicate the results of analytics and data to aid in decision making
- integrate business and data analytics methodologies to achieve a working solution
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.