Studies the techniques, tools and methods of systems analysis in a business environment. The unit aims to assist students in developing analytical skills for information requirements analysis, problem identification, feasibility assessment, data modelling, use case analysis, specifications and socio-technical issues of the systems development life-cycle.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||analyse a business need for a contemporary information system.|
|2||develop an appropriate strategy and plan for system development using Agile methodologies in a team-based environment.|
|3||construct a variety of system description documents, including models, screen designs, and report layouts.|
|4||communicate systems specifications, analysis and design in an effective manner as a systems analyst.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- analyse a business need for a contemporary information system.
- develop an appropriate strategy and plan for system development using Agile methodologies in a team-based environment.
- construct a variety of system description documents, including models, screen designs, and report layouts.
- communicate systems specifications, analysis and design in an effective manner as a systems analyst.
- Needed from Week 1: Satzinger, J, Jackson, R & Burd, S, 2015, Systems Analysis & Design in a Changing World, 7th edn, Cengage Course Technology. ISBN: 1-305-11720-4.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.