Studies the techniques, tools and methods of systems analysis in a business environment. The unit aims to assist students in developing analytical skills for information requirements analysis, problem identification, feasibility assessment, data modelling, use case analysis, specifications and socio-technical issues of the systems development life-cycle.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||analyse a business need for a contemporary information system.|
|2||develop an appropriate strategy and plan for system development using Agile methodologies in a team-based environment.|
|3||construct a variety of system description documents, including models, screen designs, and report layouts.|
|4||communicate systems specifications, analysis and design in an effective manner as a systems analyst.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- analyse a business need for a contemporary information system.
- develop an appropriate strategy and plan for system development using Agile methodologies in a team-based environment.
- construct a variety of system description documents, including models, screen designs, and report layouts.
- communicate systems specifications, analysis and design in an effective manner as a systems analyst.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
The Cengage Brain website provides supplementary information on many topics from each chapter of the textbook. You will need an access code from the prescribed text to access this material. You will need to register for a free account with Cengage Brain, then use the access code from your text without dashes to access the material online.
Supplementary materials (e.g. textbook slides) are also available on the MySCU site for this unit.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.