Introduces students to digital innovation, the entrepreneurial environment and way of thinking, and the process of innovation. Students gain insight into diverse social, economic, institutional and political factors affecting future software development and User Experience (UX) design. Students learn to critically evaluate the risks involved with the entrepreneurship and innovation process.
Module 2: Innovation management, opportunities and challenges
Module 3: Business plan and business innovation model
Module 6: Ethical and socio-economic aspects of innovation and entrepreneurship
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||outline the concepts of entrepreneurship and the principles of innovation.|
|2||work in team to assess the impacts of new business enterprises and conditions in their success or failure.|
|3||work in team to develop a plan for an innovative business venture.|
|4||examine the ethical and socio-economic aspects of the enterprise and innovation.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- outline the concepts of entrepreneurship and the principles of innovation.
- work in team to assess the impacts of new business enterprises and conditions in their success or failure.
- work in team to develop a plan for an innovative business venture.
- examine the ethical and socio-economic aspects of the enterprise and innovation.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Kuratko, DF, 2017, Entrepreneurship: Theory, Process, Practice, 10th edn, Cengage Learning.
- Plucker, JA, 2017, Creativity and Innovation: Theory, Research, and Practice, Prufrock Press.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.