Provides students with a working knowledge of the basic concepts and different legal classifications of property; the concepts of possession, ownership, tenure and estates; systems of title to real property, and the nature and types of real property interests, including leases, mortgages, easements and covenants.
Module 1: The mean and extent of property
Module 2: Law, equity and co-ownership
Module 3: Enclosure
Module 4: Torrens title
Module 5: Leases
Module 6: Mortgages
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Explain the theoretical, social and economic values of property|
|2||Identify fundamental principles of property law, and the context in which property law functions|
|3||Demonstrate knowledge of the principles and rules of property law, and the policy factors that underlie them|
|4||Apply the principles and rules of property law to solve relevant legal problems|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Explain the theoretical, social and economic values of property
- Identify fundamental principles of property law, and the context in which property law functions
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles and rules of property law, and the policy factors that underlie them
- Apply the principles and rules of property law to solve relevant legal problems
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.