Introduces students to the fundamentals of Chinese Business law. The main framework of the Chinese Judicial system is introduced. Various aspects of the system are reviewed including contract and agency, consumer protection and bankruptcy laws. Students explore the difference between Australian and Chinese business law. New developments in law are also discussed.
Topic 1: The Legal Framework of People’s Republic of China—values and traditions
Topic 2: Law of Tort
Topic 3: Contract Law and Agency Law
Topic 4: Insurance Law
Topic 5: Consumer Protection Law and Credit Cards
Topic 6: Company Law
Topic 7: Bankruptcy Law
Topic 8: Banking Law
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate an understanding of the main framework of the Chinese legal system|
|2||demonstrate a knowledge of the underpinning framework of Chinese Business Law|
|3||compare Australian and Chinese business law systems|
|4||discuss the significance and status of new areas of Chinese Business Law|
|5||demonstrate the skills of legal research, critical analysis and persuasive writing.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the main framework of the Chinese legal system
- demonstrate a knowledge of the underpinning framework of Chinese Business Law
- compare Australian and Chinese business law systems
- discuss the significance and status of new areas of Chinese Business Law
- demonstrate the skills of legal research, critical analysis and persuasive writing.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.