This unit aims to provide students with an overview of the regulatory structure of civil aviation in various international jurisdictions and how these policies interact with each other across international borders. Students will develop an understanding of aviation regulation with case studies in local and regional aviation law relevant to their home country of operation.
Topic 1: Overview of the law and legal systems
Topic 2: The development of aviation law
Topic 3: The regulation of the aviation industry
Topic 4: International cooperation
Topic 5: Aviation security and Safety Management
Topic 6: International case studies in aviation law
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Describe the key areas of law related to the aviation industry and the development of aviation law and regulation|
|2||Demonstrate an understanding of how various regulatory frameworks affect the aviation industries|
|3||Demonstrate professional, effective and persuasive communication through a case study relating to aviation in a chosen jurisdiction|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Describe the key areas of law related to the aviation industry and the development of aviation law and regulation
- Demonstrate an understanding of how various regulatory frameworks affect the aviation industries
- Demonstrate professional, effective and persuasive communication through a case study relating to aviation in a chosen jurisdiction
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.