Enables students to engage with and analyse fundamental property law concepts, and to explore and interpret a number of key real and personal property interests. The unit brings together diverse theoretical and practical perspectives to build on undergraduate understandings of property, and to enhance a deeper knowledge of a core legal discipline.
Topic 1 The idea of property in land
Topic 2 The fee simple estate
Topic 3 Strata title schemes
Topic 4 Commercial and retail leases
Topic 5 The PPSA regime
Topic 6 The diversity of property
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||analyse and apply fundamental conceptual understandings of property|
|2||identify the diversity of modern property types, interests and ownerships|
|3||evaluate and compare the content and nature of private property rights|
|4||explain key property interests and integrate this knowledge into professional practice|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- analyse and apply fundamental conceptual understandings of property
- identify the diversity of modern property types, interests and ownerships
- evaluate and compare the content and nature of private property rights
- explain key property interests and integrate this knowledge into professional practice
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.