Introduces students to techniques to manipulate and solve various algebraic expressions. The number system is extended to include complex numbers, and an introduction to Calculus is included, with the concepts and basic techniques for differentiation and integration.
Solving and Simplifying Equations
Solving Systems of Equations
Functions, Limits and the Derivative
Introduction to Integration
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||use of the concepts and techniques required to manipulate and solve various algebraic expressions|
|2||formulate complex numbers and the calculus concepts of differentiation and integration|
|3||apply mathematical techniques from algebra and calculus to application problems|
|4||communicate mathematical concepts and processes and results effectively|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- use of the concepts and techniques required to manipulate and solve various algebraic expressions
- formulate complex numbers and the calculus concepts of differentiation and integration
- apply mathematical techniques from algebra and calculus to application problems
- communicate mathematical concepts and processes and results effectively
- No prescribed texts.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.