Develops mathematical skills in the areas of Calculus and Linear Algebra, with topics including vectors, matrices, differentiation and integration. The emphasis in the unit is on developing further skills in Calculus and skills in Linear Algebra within an applied context, applying these to a range of applications.
- Rules of integration
- Applications of integration
- Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||use further calculus techniques for differentiation and integration and the concepts of differential equations|
|2||Formulate linear algebra concepts and techniques for matrices and vectors|
|3||proficiency in applying mathematical techniques within Calculus and Linear Algebra to application problems|
|4||communicate mathematical ideas, processes and results effectively|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- use further calculus techniques for differentiation and integration and the concepts of differential equations
- Formulate linear algebra concepts and techniques for matrices and vectors
- proficiency in applying mathematical techniques within Calculus and Linear Algebra to application problems
- communicate mathematical ideas, processes and results effectively
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.