Introduces students to the theory and practice of video production: research, scripting, budgeting, directing, producing, camera operating, sound design, editing and presenting. Students will design and shoot a short video in a given genre.
- Production Planning And Design
- Camera & Lighting
- Moving Camera and Sound
- Sound Editing
- Colour Grading and Output
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||understand and apply pre-production processes in planning, scripting and storyboarding digital video projects|
|2||demonstrate proficiency in audio-visual production processes and technologies, individually or as a team member|
|3||demonstrate proficiency in post-production processes for audio-visual projects|
|4||demonstrate effective storytelling principles in a short audiovisual production|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- understand and apply pre-production processes in planning, scripting and storyboarding digital video projects
- demonstrate proficiency in audio-visual production processes and technologies, individually or as a team member
- demonstrate proficiency in post-production processes for audio-visual projects
- demonstrate effective storytelling principles in a short audiovisual production
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Mollison, M, 2010, Producing Videos: A Complete Guide, 3rd edn, Allen and Unwin, Sydney. ISBN: 9781742370569.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.