2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Introduces students to contemporary video-based journalism production models and their application on broadcast, online and mobile platforms. This unit critically analyses the forms, styles and features of video-based reporting in the contemporary digital and broadcast news environment. Practical exercises and assessment tasks contribute to the development of students’ research, planning and video production skills.
- Video news and current affairs forms and audiences
- Research, Scripting, Interviews and Presentation
- Filming for News and Current Affairs
- Editing the Story
- Ethical and Legal Issues for Video Journalists
- Distribution: From Edit Suite to Audiences
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||identify and critically analyse the different forms of news and current affairs video-based journalism|
|2||demonstrate competency in operating digital video production and editing equipment|
|3||plan, research, report, produce, edit and distribute video-based journalism reports|
|4||demonstrate an understanding of roles involved in video news production, working effectively, ethically and professionally, individually or as part of a small production team.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- identify and critically analyse the different forms of news and current affairs video-based journalism
- demonstrate competency in operating digital video production and editing equipment
- plan, research, report, produce, edit and distribute video-based journalism reports
- demonstrate an understanding of roles involved in video news production, working effectively, ethically and professionally, individually or as part of a small production team.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.