Concentrates on the development of advanced filmmaking skills: the aim of the unit is to develop skills, both practical and theoretical, in the production of audio-visual media. These skills and knowledges will include research, camera and lighting techniques, editing and post-production, and experimentation with new media techniques and processes, and will use the music video form to focus their application.
- Music Video Genre and the Commodity
- Image/Sound Relations
- Narrative and Representation
- Performance and Editing
- The Experimental Image
- Release and Distribution
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||utilise critical and analytical skills in researching and discussing audio-visual media forms|
|2||competently operate hardware and software including cameras, microphones, lighting equipment, and postproduction tools|
|3||demonstrate an understanding of historical and contemporary aesthetics in producing an audio-visual production|
|4||demonstrate organisational skills in pre- and postproduction procedures.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- utilise critical and analytical skills in researching and discussing audio-visual media forms
- competently operate hardware and software including cameras, microphones, lighting equipment, and postproduction tools
- demonstrate an understanding of historical and contemporary aesthetics in producing an audio-visual production
- demonstrate organisational skills in pre- and postproduction procedures.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.