|Brisbane - The Hotel School|
|Melbourne - The Hotel School|
|Papua New Guinea - IBSU Port Moresby||N/A|
|Sydney - The Hotel School|
Develops students’ understanding of the importance and application of the research process to businesses. Through a project-based teaching approach, students develop a research question and choose appropriate theoretical, methodological, and analytical frameworks to best answer that question. Students gain skills in the planning, preparation, design and presentation of a business research project.
- Introducing business research
- Beginning research
- Review of related literature
- Research design
- Quantitative methods
- Qualitative methods
- Selecting the sample
- Analysing the data
- Reporting the research
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||develop a formal and robust research question on which to base a research project|
|2||write a critical literature review and explain its role in the research planning process|
|3||plan and design a research proposal|
|4||explain basic qualitative and quantitative data collection methods and methods of analysis|
|5||critically evaluate the limitations of social research|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- develop a formal and robust research question on which to base a research project
- write a critical literature review and explain its role in the research planning process
- plan and design a research proposal
- explain basic qualitative and quantitative data collection methods and methods of analysis
- critically evaluate the limitations of social research
- Quinlan, C, Babin, BJ, Carr, JC, Griffin, M & Zikmund, WG, 2015, Business Research Methods, 1st edn, Cengage, Hampshire. ISBN: 9781473704855.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.